Being in nature is so important to me. I consider the benefits to be so great that I find myself craving the trails. Here is what I think nature does:
- I become grounded. I feel connected to the Earth and I am much quieter and calmer following a walk amongst the trees.
- The fresh air fills my body with life. I breathe deeper and the intake is crisp and clean.
- The abundant colors remind are soothing to my eyes. The sky, the trees, the winter weeds gone brown. All of it is pure glory.
- Joy is present. The happy dogs running free and the people who exchange hello’s fill my heart with happiness. How often do you cross paths with someone at an inside location like the mall or a grocery store and never say hello? In nature, I find people greet others with an open heart.
- My thoughts become quiet and I have space between the thoughts. For me, exercising indoors on a treadmill is monotonous and the sounds are disruptive to my thoughts.
- My body is stronger. The up and downs of trail challenges my physical body and I feel amazing. The greatest feeling is coming to the end of the trail and my body is invigorated from the miles.