Feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Meditation can calm the body, mind, and spirit. It can help us to connect more deeply with the worlds around and within us. It has been shown to have physical health benefits including lower heart rate and lower levels of stress. But sometimes, life’s distractions and our busy thoughts can make a meditation session challenging.
I love that essential oils may provide assistance with meditation. I know for me, I am continuing to practice stilling my mind, observing my breath and just learning to BE.
Aroma and fragrances have been an important part of rituals and meditations for ages in many cultures around the world. In our super fast-paced and distracting world, sometimes we can use all the help we can get.
To use essential oils while meditating, there are several options: You can apply directly to the body–the space between your eye brows known as the third eye is a great option or your heart. You can also create a mist by putting oils and water into a small spray bottle and spray the fragrance in the air, or you can use a diffuser. I really enjoy applying oils.
Here are my top 5 essential oils for meditation.
1. Frankincense: A holy fragrance if there ever was one, it’s believed to help you increase your faith and connection with spirit.
2. Myrrh: One of the highest sesquiterpene contents in an essential oil, myrrh directly stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and amygdalin glands to help reduce stress and bring focus. It’s uplifting scent can assist in deep spiritual “opening” while bringing calm and tranquility.
3. Cedarwood: Focus inward a bit more clearly with the help of cedarwood. It can also help to illuminate your need for meditation and return you to your spiritual path when obstacles have made it difficult.
4. Sandalwood: This oil is very helpful in healing, particularly emotional/spiritual wounds. It opens the heart and helps to promote trust.
5. Neroli: The potent floral fragrance of neroli can help you to be more self-accepting, face your fears and accept the work you need to do for yourself. It can also inspire creativity, particularly as it pertains to a spiritual practice.
If you are ready to start using essential oils, just go to:
https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/staciewyatt and click join and save! Choose a starter kit (my favorite is the home essentials kit) and you are all set! When you purchase a starter kit, you get exclusive team perks, an amazing welcome gift and access to free education.