I was once told that the teacher will teach what he/she needs to learn. I am spending quiet contemplative time planning for an event that will take place at the end of this year to release and let go, and then welcome a newness for 2018.
I plan to include a sage ceremony, a burning of past ritual and time to create space for new intentions. I find that asking myself the following questions as I review my year to be helpful in holding space for others to do the same.
* How did your love for self, life and others, show up this year in the different areas of your life?
* How did universal love and love from others show up for you this year in all that came your way?
* What did you learn/accept/heal/transform about yourself this year?
* What blessings did this year bring?
* What dreams came true?
* What personal strengths did you discover, apply, or develop?
* What new skills, insights, or wisdom did you gain?
* What served as a catalyst for healing or transformation that you can now be grateful for, even if challenging at the time?
* What can you forgive yourself for?
* What and who else can you forgive?
* What can you let go of (limiting belief, attachment, attitude, grievance…)?
* What achievements and accomplishments can you acknowledge and celebrate?
* What opportunities and synchronicities came your way?
* What ‘lessons’ did you learn?
* What and who are you grateful for that happened this year gone, and why?
* What or who can you let go of? (This may include a pattern, grievance, person, belief, attitude, emotion, attribute, behaviour, story, situation, judgment (against self or other), habit, and so on)
* Where did you courageously step outside of your comfort zone?
* What did you absolutely LOVE that happened this year?